When the global situation is changing every day, the best option is to focus on the things within our control, including and especially our health and well-being. Taking small steps to manage your wellness at home can not only bring a sense of reassurance and calm, but also helps reduce the strain on our health care providers. Learn about some things you can do to reduce your risk of catching or transmitting COVID-19 through cannabis consumption.
Sustained periods of uncertainty and stress take a toll on your body and mental health. Everyone reacts differently and your response may change over time. Allow yourself to respond naturally and explore ways to help yourself cope during this crisis. You might notice the physical symptoms of anxiety and depression first, especially if you’re busy with work or taking care of others. Learning to recognize these signs as a signal to increase your self-care may help lessen the impact on your overall health while we navigate this outbreak.
Adding cannabis and especially CBD to your daily regimen can help; our customers have found that daily use of high-CBD products like our HI-CBD Precision Dose Tinctures help combat stress and inflammation, which can be paired with a 1:1 CBD-THC or HI-THC blend for deeper sleep and/or pain relief.
We’re all feeling some degree of anxiety as a result of the uncertainty of the outbreak and the unprecedented measures our communities must take to slow the spread of COVID-19. It’s important to keep talking to those close to you about how you’re feeling and take a proactive approach to managing your own stress and anxiety, especially if you have others leaning on you for support. Some things you can to do support yourself include:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting. Instead, try using that time to learn a new skill, listen to an audiobook or find a new podcast to enjoy.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. (New to meditation? Here are some free apps to get you started.) ioVia HI-CBD tinctures and creams can help support your sense of inner calm.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals. ioVia Tinctures are perfect for adding your CBD or THC regimen to a home-cooked meal or smoothie.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep. (Need help getting started with home workouts? Here’s a big list of free resources with something for everyone.)
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy. A warm Restorative Bath is a great way to take a timeout from the rest of your day.
Many of us rely on exercise to release stress and stay healthy, so with our gyms closed and outdoor recreation somewhat limited it might be difficult to figure out how to stay active while staying at home. Furthermore, if you’re finding your days suddenly less structured under stay-at-home orders, it can actually be harder to find time to work out despite the appearance of an abundance of free time. Some steps to consider:
- Prioritize a healthy daily routine to support all aspects of your physical and emotional wellness. ioVia Tinctures and Creams are formulated for daily use, with blend options that minimize intoxication while maintaining your routine and well-being.
- If you don’t have access to your previous fitness resources, or if you’re taking the opportunity in this change in routine to recommit to your health (wonderful!), here is a big list of free workout options with something for everyone.
- Not sure where to start? Yoga is low-impact, is virtually free to get started, and is specifically recommended by Harvard Medical School to help cope with COVID-19 anxiety. Here’s a list of more free yoga resources to try at home.
- However you choose to exercise, try adding a mindfulness practice to your exercise routine. This can be while you’re out on a run, during your warmup or cooldown, or something you carry throughout the workout. This form of meditation can take place during any part of your day – cleaning house, washing dishes, or starting your day with 10 minutes of quiet time.
One of the most important things for both your immune system and mental health is getting sufficient amounts of sleep. Quality sleep is equally as important to our health as nutrition and exercise. Prioritizing your sleep schedule is one of the best gifts you can give yourself, especially when our immune health is of such critical import, we’re all staying home and potentially getting less exercise, and the ever-changing situation can impact your mental state.
If you’re having trouble sleeping, certain cannabis products can help you find those vital Zs. Our customers report finding relief from insomnia and restlessness through our HI-THC or 1:1 CBD-THC Precision Dose Tinctures and True Transdermal Creams.
One of our newest products, our Restorative Bath, is also available in a 1:1 formulation and the lavender scent in particular can help you calm your mind and prepare for sleep. Plus, studies show that a warm bedtime bath can help you sleep deeper and even fall asleep faster.
When regulators call for “social distancing” our immediate response might be to hunker down at home and keep to ourselves. But while maintaining physical separation is crucial right now, social connection is more important than ever. Chances are that if you’re feeling the effects of not communing with your friends, family, and coworkers every day, they are too. Finding ways to stay connected with our loved ones is the key to surviving and thriving despite the upheaval in our daily lives.
If you’re new to working from home or you’re experiencing a lapse in employment, adjusting to the new normal might take some time. Do yourself and anyone else in your home a favor and set a reliable routine to keep everyone sane. Remember to find time to socialize every day – connect with loved ones remotely through Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Houseparty.
And at the end of the day, give yourself time to recharge. Our Restorative Bath is available in three scents – skin-nourishing aloe vera, soothing lavender, or rejuvenating tea tree – and is ideal for soaking away tension and stress.
Cannabis is considered an essential business in Colorado and our dispensary partners are committed to providing the products you need to support your health and wellbeing. Most dispensaries now offer pre-ordering systems and curbside pickup options.
As hours and operations are subject to change, we strongly encourage calling ahead to ensure your favorite products are currently available, along with shopping during non-peak hours and utilizing pre-order systems whenever possible to limit the contact required to complete your transaction.
Visit our locations page to find the ioVia retailer nearest you.
*DISCLAIMER: We are not medical professionals. If you’re experiencing urgent medical or mental health symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider right away.